Saturday 14 April 2012

One of those days..

Crammed in another few hours on the Wharfe this afternoon before heading back up to Penrith. Had a bit of a stinker really. Plenty of offers from the trout but for one reason or another I just couldn't make them stick... we all have days like that now and then I guess. Also popped a knot on lifting into a fish yet again today. Bloody annoying! Time to buy some new leader material methinks. The only fish I managed to hold on to was an decent sized out of season grayling - beautiful creature, gave an admirable account for itself and would have been most welcome in the winter, but during the spring I can't help but feel a tad guilty when I hook into them. Cold wind killed any chance of a grannom hatch but good numbers of large dark olives were out making the most of the chilly spell.
Anyway, here's a quick video I shot of the grayling being returned...


Tight lines,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment