Thursday 12 April 2012

One session, four seasons.

Home-tied Pheasant Tail Nymph... messy but it caught fish, which I'm rather chuffed about!
Back on the Wharfe yesterday in conditions which were originally relatively favourable - a little much water in the river perhaps, but that's all. How that changed! The wind blew up, the rain closed in, the river rose and coloured and the hailstones tore my face off. Still, I managed a couple of fish during settled spells - better than nothing! A picture paints a thousand words, so in this instance I shall leave it to a short video to give you an idea of the conditions I faced on the day. Back on the river tomorrow I think... hopefully it's all calmed down a bit!


Tight lines,
Eric

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric
    always look out for and enjoy your blog[s]. Nowt wrong with reigning from Bradford. Some of my relatives originated in Royston and were miners. Sound working stock. Hope you have agood season
    tight lines

    ReplyDelete